The mission of Families Outreach is quite simple- bring hope to the fatherless. Families Outreach seeks to follow the command of James 1:27 by doing our part to care for the over 163 million orphans worldwide. Our approach is threefold: assist couples adopting through financial grants, develop active partnerships with orphan care providers, and mobilize the Church to become adoption/orphan advocates.
Our vision is to make a difference in the worldwide orphan epidemic, one orphan at a time. In the words of Mother Teresa, “if you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.” We may not be able to serve the 163 million orphans, but we can impact just one. For one orphan to be helped, one person must become aware of the need.
A couple answers the call to change one life through adoption. Our vision is to see families never dismiss adoption due to the financial hurdle.
A worker sees the need of one child and opens a home. Our vision is to partner with workers to meet the needs of an orphanage from a holistic approach.
A church member rallies to see their community take part in the orphan crisis. Our vision is to mobilize communities of believers to bring hope to the fatherless here and abroad.
Our mission and vision are rooted in and driven by the gospel therefore we affirm these truths:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.